11.2.08

Auditions

Me oh my. Auditions are finally over, and I say, "THANK GOD!!!"

I didn't do as well at CMU as I wish I had. I woke up with no voice this morning, and gradually it came back just long enough for me to do my audition, and then it went away. I was warming up in the waiting room, and the girls who were listening outside were green with envy at my ability to both do classical and belt Defying Gravity. According to my mom, they were saying "Oh my gosh listen to that girl she's gonna use up her voice for the audition." Honestly, what do they know? Voice isn't like water. You can't use it up if you know how to use it RIGHT. End of story. I have been taught by not one, but TWO teachers, the correct ways of using the voice, so I know how to belt correctly. I had to do the defying gravity to warm up my belt voice for the audition. THEY were not warming up their voices. I'm so lucky I warmed up my belt too, since I was doing Gimme Gimme. If I hadn't warmed up, I might have cracked.

Dance was a disaster for me. I just felt really insecure, and I know I wasn't all vibrant and smiley. I was nervous, and very concentrated on doing it right.

The acting part went best. It went smoothly, and the guy liked my monologue. He said it was cute and quirky.

Honestly I think if I get into CMU it will be in the Acting part of it, not the singing. But that's okay. CMU is CMU, and I hear you can always reaudition for the musical theatre if you do make it into the acting part. =)

outside of that, I had a lot of fun. I made some friends. One straight guy who was quite the flirt, named Ben, one gay guy named Charles Peoples, and a girl, and I forgot her name! AHHH!! Ooops. But she was nice. =) I feel bad though...ben is gonna see on my facebook that I'm in a relationship and be like oh poo. lol
Oh well!

No comments: