9.7.07

Re: Goth

I've had a few days to think about this whole "goth" look thing. Honestly, I think the attention one gets by wearing black lipstick, pale makeup and dark clothes is merely "look at that freak" type of attention rather than "wow that girl is really pretty" attention. I mean yeah when I make eye contact the guys smile in a familiar way that reminds me of when guys hit on me, but there is some different element about it all.

As for identifying with the Goth subculture, I feel many intellectuals agree with their basic principles of not conforming and "rejecting" general societal values, but not everyone dresses like that. So there you go. Goth is just a fun way to dress that gets attention and has nothing to do really with being special or an anarchist. Its pretty much just a way t say f*** you to the people who dictate standard fashions and ways to dress. Ironically, lots of current fashions have come from that general punk-rock/goth subculture. So my question is how will the punkers and "goths" dress now that everyone is dressing kind of like them but with brighter colors?

No comments: