23.1.08

Identity Crisis

So it seems I find myself writing in this blog only when I feel depressed or troubled. Well, here I am writing, and guess what--I am very confused.

Today we watched that sex ed play at school they have every year called "What goes around", and I found it funny. I honestly laughed at the jokes the first (and second time around), but then everyone in my English class said it was stupid, insulting, and that it trivialized the serious matter that is sexual education. When I asked Mr. Ramon what was wrong with me he said that I'm in denial and repression of something. I thought he was joking and laughed, but then he said he was serious.

Maybe I take what people say all too seriously, but quite frankly, it bothers me. There is so much I'm trying to figure out about what I want from my life in the future, that I would merely like to be mentally stable enough to figure things out. Yet, I must make all my decisions through the lens of my mental state--whatever that may be. How do I figure out where I am?

Perhaps by figuring out what I am not:

I do not hear voices in my head aside from my conscience.
I do not have multiple personalities.
I never hallucinate.

Therefore I am not schizophrenic.

I remember basically everything that happens (within the limits of any rational being)
I don't like to offend people.
I do not like confrontation.
I don't do violence.

Therefore I am harmless?


I am not a genius.
I am not taller than average.
I am not shorter than average.
I am not beautiful
I am not ugly
I am definitely not an atheist.
I don't have down syndrome.
I am not socially retarded (in the literal sense).

Therefore I am of a religious person of average intelligence, height, and appearance.

I do not disagree with all Republicans.
I do not disagree with all Democrats.
I don't think Ron Paul or Fred Thompson have a chance to with the election.

Therefore I am a moderate.

I am not an athlete.
I do not like people who call attention to themselves and offer my no reward (in other words I get nothing from paying attention to them except for a waste of my life)
I don't like it when people judge others with no regard for the idea that that other person did what they did thinking that what they did was right.

No comments: