16.4.07

La mia voce

So we went to the Spotlight Awards finals last Saturday. The girl who won for classical voice weighed at least twice as much as I do, but she deserved it she had wonderful voice. To tell you the truth though, I could not really see why I didn't advance to semi's. I was very good. Unfortunately, when it comes to classical voice, it all gets so it sounds the same after a while, so there is probably a lot I could do to improve, but its all such minute minute stuff that no ordinary person could hear for sure. I also heard the people who won the finals for non classical voice, and to tell you the truth, I am not far off there. I mean, in the time between now and next October, I will tottally kick ass, especially at the rate Michael and I are working and improving my college apps song and my voice in general. Mostly, we are working on getting the balance between my head and chest so that I can belt right on those notes in my upper chest voice, and have them sound effortless (but still not in complete head voice ya know?). My homework for the week is to keep singing through OUAT, but to start letting go a little more. He wants me to shift into "head voice-ish" on the last note, and to lean more during the other notes. "Old lady voice" is okay, but to keep adding air to work through that (it WILL go away and sound beautiful given time, but that wobble is the stabilization working itself out). Let go on the belts and just sing it loud and proud, but remember to shorten the vowels.

Sorry, vocal tangent. Anyways, after seeing the finals, my dad and I decided I'd probably do better if I competed in non-classical. w00t!

In other news, STATE IS IN 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: