23.4.07

State Championships for Speech

Well, over all I enjoyed it. I learned a lot about what it takes to win for speech, specifically TI. I got to know Anita, Megan, Phenia and Zita better as well as Mr. Robinson. Although I didn't make it to semi's, I did make it into the Top 20 into the state, so that's good. I hope I can make it at least into next year's finals at state. I've got something up my sleeve. I just hope its not too similar to Cameron's, since that will probably influence me heavily. The thing is, even though he might be an influence, I am definitely making it my own. After all, how different can two TI's possibly be? No matter what its the same standard format or another; three different pieces, regardless of it they are interwoven or done classically. Hmm...perhaps I combine interwoven with Cameron's outside the box thinking? How about the theme of hallucination, and I put it together so that it seems like some kind of drug induced frenzy... hehehe I WISH I HAD MORE TIME LEFT SO I COULD DO BOTH!!!! GRAWR!!!! The names Barbara Walters, Katie Couric, Ellen Degeneres, Paris Hilton and Britney Spears come to mind. Something combining them yes?

I was considering running for president of Speech next year. But then I realized that Zita will run, probably with Anita. And now I'm intimidated so I am considering not doing so. In all honesty, I feel Zita deserves it more than I do. After all, if she dreams of going to Harvard, I shouldn't take it away from her by stealing away a presidency (since that is probably vital for an ivy league ya know?) Especially since I'm not ivy bound (or anywhere bound) myself.

In other news, I've been feeling depressed lately. Insecurities pile up. I don't know why. I cry a lot. I can't quite pin point the cause. It could be one of many things, or maybe a combination of them all. Let's see, there's my Dad's heart, there is the pressure my Dad puts on me to be perfect, he wants me to run and I'm injured so I can't, my mom and the pressure she gives me about all these small insignificant things.

No comments: