11.6.07

Lovelife

Yesterday I was asked "So you're single? How's your lovelife?", and I had no real answer. The only words that came to mind were "ummm...dead-ish?, comatose?, in a catatonic trance-like state? My lovelife is kind of like Terri Shiavo? Sleeping Beauty? Not quite dead yet..." Which is kind of sad. Honestly speaking, however, I think love is about timing. Why? Because you have to meet the right person at the right time. There are lots of wonderful amazing people out there. It's just that you don't always meet them at a time when its convenient. For example, any amazing guy I meet now is pointless because he'll just be going away to college within the next year or so, or I'll be going off to college. Timing. Just another reason why I'm single. I'm the type of girl guys go for for long term relationships, not flings. And it's summer; the time for flings. In college I'll probably do better.

One can't just look at the term "lovelife" in such a narrow sense. On a broader spectrum, my lovelife is amazing. Why? Because I love my life. I love my family, I love my friends, and most of all, I love God. I'm in love with life, and I love that!

I weighed myself today, 119 lbs, 14% body fat. I'm kinda happy because that means I've put on a lot of muscle. I went for a super long run today; 45 minutes! Well, actually 30 minutes with a one minute break to stretch, then 15 more minutes. Unfortunately that was only like 4.1 miles. So I need to pick up my pace. I think next run I'll do some intervals. I did feel stronger though, so the swim/bike/run combo is working. Yay!

No comments: