6.6.07

A Grain of Sand

I'm finally learning, I think, to take things with the importance of a grain of sand. The fun excitement of meeting someone new has faded away now that he is no longer making hte initiative to talk to me. I would like to think he's waiting for me. However when I tried to make conversation the other day, I promptly took the hint that this was not the case when he was rather unnattentive when speaking to me. Now, rather than go into fully nervous breakdown mode, I am simply moving on with my life, setting goals and taking up new hobbies.

New hobby? Yes. I have decided I want to do a triathlon. The LA Triathlon to be specific. September 9th 2007. Swim 0.4 miles, Bike 20 miles, Run 3.1 mile. It begins at Venice Beach and ends at the Staples Center. Its a little bit intimidating, but I like setting high goals for myself. I have a 12 week training plan that should help me get int oshape so that I can at least complete it. That is all I want; to complete the race. I think the most difficult part will be the transition from being a runner to swimming.

I did a swim work out yesterday. 8 x 25meter repeats, with 10 seconds rest in between, and 100 meter woarm up + cool down. My work out guide says its to build a base. It was a pretty tough work out for me. I started out splashing all about, but by the end of the work out, I was splashing a lot less. It really tired me out. Afterwards I felt a strange combination of hunger and nausea I have never quite felt before. When I run I get the nausea, but never the hunger. SO it was a new and ironic feeling for me.

I woke up with soreness in the back of my left knee, ate two bowls of oatmeal while watching the Daily Show, then watched the sex episode of Tyra, and then went out for a day of fun with Jesse. We saw Knocked Up, which was VERY funny I highly reccomend it, then I ate a hot dog pretzel and an almond pretzel, followed by a chiliburger and fries from Tommie's. I was very full.

Why am I eating so much? Since I have decided to take up triathloning, I worry I will with away into a nonexistant twig. Therefore, I have decided to try to gain whatever weight I can when I can because I will burn it off anyway. Hopefully I can maintain a healthy weight somewhere in the realm of 124 lbs. I need to gain some, though, because at the moment I only weigh 115. So there ya go!

Night! Oooo I need to catch up on my cycling training tommorow!

No comments: